GREEN MICHIANA: A SUSTAINABILITY FAIR FOR HOME, GARDEN, AND ROAD
Saturday, April 12, 2008
10 am – 4 pm, Grille Cafeteria, Administration Building
Indiana University South Bend
Browse through over 40 businesses and organizations that are developing innovative approaches to producing safer products for home, garden and road.
Learn about local options for a wide range of environmentally friendly products, businesses that support fair trade practices and our local economy, and options in alternative energy for homes and businesses. Gather some green gardening tips and check out the commuter bikes, electric cars, and hybrids.
Drop off your plastic bags, styrofoam and packing peanuts, personal computers, and cell phones for recycling.
Learn about local resources for dealing with these hard to recycle items. Check out the reuseable bags.
Bring the following items for recycling:
PLASTIC BAGS (any type of clean plastic grocery bag)
CELL PHONES (any type)
- packing peanuts
- white expanded polystyrene #6 used to pack electronic equipment or coolers
- NO styrofoam plates and cups can be accepted
- Limit 2 computers per household
- $15 charged per monitor, computers accepted for free
- NO printers or scanners can be accepted
- BIKE RODEO for children: Ride through a maze and learn bike safety tips
- Enjoy the LIVE MUSIC provided by over 20 area musicians
- Come hear what our CITY GOVERNMENTS are doing to improve water and air quality, and promote healthier cities in Michiana
The FAIR and drop off location for bags, styrofoam, cell phones, and computers is located in the
Administration Building (Grille Cafeteria) at Indiana University South Bend.
Parking for the fair is available in the parking lots located at 20th street and Mishawaka Avenue.
To drop off computers turn down Esther Street off of Mishawaka Avenue (west side of the Administration Building).