On the First Friday of every month – throughout the year – businesses, artists, and entertainers throw a party in downtown Goshen. On May 6, Goshen’s First Fridays event will be all about bikes with several special events. Organizers encourage event-goers to “bike to First Fridays”.
- The first annual I ? Goshen Bicycle Criterium: There will be three races for riders of various skill levels.
- Bicycle Safety & Info booth: Learn helpful hints about bicycle safety: from how to properly fit a helmet to pumping up tires. Free bicycle registration available. They will also have information on the endless bicycle trails in Elkhart County.
- Bike Decorating Contest: Participants will, deck out their bikes, Pedal, and Participate!
- A Family Bicycle Parade will follow the decorating contest.
- Girl Scouts Pedal Car Derby: Human powered and eco-friendly transportation for the little tykes.
On May 6, the emphasis is on bicycling because May is National Bike Month, and May 16-20 is National Bike to Work Week.
For more information visit The First Fridays Website